Type hunt is a chance for people interested in typefaces or letterforms to explore and uncover Cardiff’s rich typographic heritage.
The aim of the project is to gather inspiration and find the best examples of letterforms in the City. Depending on what we find we aim to share the discoveries.
You can join in as an individual, as a pair or in a group, on foot, on your bike or any other mode of transport. It’s a half-day of exploration and detective work.
Each group or participant will take a different part of Cardiff to investigate. The task at hand will be to either find any examples of creative and interesting letterforms or to find certain examples of typeface families in use.
All you typophiles out there come and join us.
You can participate in 3 ways
- Join us at HQ
Registration 12.00 Noon on the 6th of October 2013, Briefing 12.30 pm
Venue: Cardiff Design Festival HQ Morgan Arcade
- Start from Home, document as you journey into the city centre, uploading images as you go or when you arrive at HQ.
- If you can’t make it.You can participate at any-time by uploading images and giving your name and the location. Download Instructions
You will need one of the following:
- Mobile phone or tablet with camera ( with Twitter or Instagram)
- Digital camera (with cable or Sd card for downloading)
- Pen and paper or rubbing material
Brought to you by Cardiff Metropolitan University Typographic Society